I’m really looking forward to the next reading that I’m doing while travelling. I’m appearing at a literary cabaret that’s curated by RADAR Productions, which is run by San Francisco writer Michelle Tea. As mentioned on RADAR’s website – “RADAR conducts presenting, commissioning, professional development and touring programs that stimulate the production of queer and underground literature and heighten San Francisco’s reputation as a national literary center.”
So, at long last, it’s time to give Look Who’s Morphing a spin to a Bay Area audience and see what happens. Here are the details:
East Baydar Literary Cabaret
8 June 2013, 8pm
La Peña Cultural Center
3105 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA
Tickets: $12 advance sales; $15 at the door
Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 510-849-2568
Hosted by Michelle Tea and featuring:
- Ingrid Rojas Contreras, a Colombian writer living and working in San Francisco
- Brian Bauman is a playwright and artistic director of Perfect Disgrace Theater
- Marci Blackman, an award-winning novelist
- Tara Jepsen, a writer, comedian, performance artist and filmmaker who has toured numerous times with performance group Sister Spit
- Janani, “a South Asian electron spinning around the Bay Area making art and scholarship”
- Tom Cho.
Check out more detailed bios for the performers here.
I’ll be giving a 10 minute reading. I haven’t decided what I’ll be reading yet so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!